Hope from the next generation

  • T. J. Binkley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 9:56 PM
      In today's LA Times Kids section, a group of children are asked to weigh in
      on traffic problems:

      QUESTION CORNER
      How would you stop traffic jams?

      I would make people go only on trains.
      Karlie, 9
      Monte Vista Elementary, La Crescenta

      *

      I would have all the cars attached to a track. They would automatically go
      at the same speed and have the same distance apart.
      Damian, 11
      Oakmont Elementary, Claremont

      *

      I would make personal helicopters.
      Neil, 8
      Butterfield Elementary, Lake Elsinore

      *

      My solution is to use other forms of transportation like skateboards,
      scooters, bikes, buses, trains and subways. If you use bikes, scooters or
      skateboards, make sure you wear safety gear like helmets, elbow pads and
      kneepads.
      Ploy, 8
      Clover Avenue Elementary, Los Angeles

      *

      When going near home, people should use bikes or motorcycles instead of
      cars, and underground subways like in Seoul, South Korea. When it's not
      urgent, people should use buses.
      Han, 7
      Charnock Road Elementary, Los Angeles

      *

      Only let odd-numbered license plates on the road on Monday, Wednesday and
      Friday.
      Sanny
      Pio Pico Elementary, Los Angeles

      *

      Everybody could walk on the freeway without cars.
      Laura, 6
      CHIME Charter Elementary, Woodland Hills

      *

      I would make a bike lane on the freeway.
      Tatum, 8
      Justice Street Elementary, West Hills

      *

      I would make more train tracks and more trains next to the freeways. I
      would make hovercrafts. I would make more boats and waterways and cars that
      could go underground with drills.
      Ryan, 7
      The Oaks School, Los Angeles

      *

      I would close down all the freeways so you would have to walk!
      Christian, 10
      Rio San Gabriel Elementary, Downey