RE: [carfree_cities] Re: Banned Member: Exxon/Mobil, the RNC & Widespread Nonviolent Militancy

  • Matt Dobbing
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 21, 2004
      I believe that Mr Crawford is the moderator of this forum.

      I have certainly enjoyed his even handed approach to this task, where he
      happily debates, discusses any points or criticisms of his book.

      The posts on this forum are generally thoughtful and interesting with calm,
      wry but powerfully argued ideas and beliefs.

      If the banned post had been written in a such a thoughtful manner all the
      points could have been made and the member wouldn't have been banned. There
      are often links and information about passive (and legal!) protests and
      demonstrations in this forum and I hope that they continue to be posted.

      You can of course keep changing your ID and abusing the open access of this
      forum. Please don't.

      This is Mr Crawfords Forum, you can start your own forum if you feel this
      one doesn't suit your needs.

      Matt :)

      Premium!
    • shimshammaam
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 23, 2004
        --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "J.H. Crawford" <mailbox@c...>
        wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > Somebody who doesn't even sign his posts accused me of
        > all kinds of nasty things.

        Yes, it's called ANONYMITY and the reason it exists is so tha people
        can use words freely, often in fascistic societies, without having to
        worry about being punished for merely using words. This obviously
        does not take any meaning away from the words. Points made are made
        but not credited.

        > Just FYI, "CarfreeCrawford" is me, the owner of this group.
        > If you don't like how I run it, go start your own group.
        > It's free.

        Fine, take your ball and go home.

        > The reason I banned the original poster, some while back
        > was for this:
        >
        > > >True patriots revolt
        > > >(against a true, clear, corporate fascist entity that we can
        > > >destroy). Lay siege, conquer and destroy! Exxon/Mobil must die.
        >
        > which I think almost any reasonable person would acknowledge
        > is incendiary.

        Please. Exxon/Mobil is a corporation. It can't die -- and what's
        wrong with destroying it (aka putting it out of business)?