RE: Imagining a $7 a Gallon Future (NYT)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2004
      A quote:

      > After World War I, the American government's top oil expert predicted a coming "gasoline famine." One solution was to cobble together the three easternmost provinces of the defunct Ottoman Empire into a new country, called Iraq, believed to be rich in oil resources and safely under British control.

      And a link:

      http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/04/weekinreview/04yerg.html

      Of ocurse there's the usual assumption that technology will come to the
      rescue--as if we need to be rescued from a chance at a better, brighter,
      an dless oily future....
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "Until you stop looking for simple answers, you will not be happy. You
      will not even be human."

      RR