Carfree cities on TV: Century city

  • Alex Farran
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2004
      Watching a couple of episodes of the short-lived Century City TV show
      (LA Law in 2030) I noticed that cars were conspicuously absent. There
      are few outside shots, and the subject of transport is never
      explicitly mentioned, so I can only infer that in the LA of the future
      people get around on foot, motorised scooters, bicycles and
      occasionally by monorail. Is this the first sci-fi show not just
      without flying cars, but without any kind of car at all? It's
      encouraging to see the car free vision of the future gaining greater
      public awareness - shame the show was cancelled.

      --

      __o Alex Farran
      _`\<,_ Analyst / Programmer