"Personal Rapid Transit" - Transportation Innovation or Scam?

  • kenavidor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Minneapolis CouncilPRTson Zimmermann :

      "This is going to be the most significant innovation for cities since
      the
      introduction of the automobile," Zimmermann said. "It's an efficient
      way to
      move people around an urban area without the two scourges we now
      have--
      parking problems and road congestion. Plus, there is no pollution
      from it
      because it is electric." (from the SWJournal/Skyway News)

      I thought I'd plug the PRT concept into my Urban Reality Computer
      Simulator...

      http://www.roadkillbill.com/PRTSim.html

      -----------------------------------

      Also at the PRT IS A JOKE page:

      ------

      The Patriarch of PRT

      "Shef Lang (1927-2003) was the chairman of the board at Taxi
      2000.  If
      anything characterized his career it was pure hatred of transit. He
      described
      buses as "no see ums" because to him, they were always empty. His
      style
      was confrontational, macho, take no prisoners. An aide to a St. Paul
      city
      councilmember said that every time she heard him talk she wanted to
      go
      home and shoot herself....."

      http://www.roadkillbill.com/PRTisaJoke.html

      ----
      Also read comments sent in by PRT Skeptics:

      http://www.roadkillbill.com/PRTcritics.html

      ----

      A collection of weird PRT quotes, some from PRT Guru himself, Ed
      Anderson:

      http://www.roadkillbill.com/PRTweirdquots.html

      ----

      Please forward and link to these URLs!