New Issue of New Colonist

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 29, 2004
      The March issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      This month's features:

      *Sixty Days, Next Year
      C. Haynes presents the diary of an ordinary American in the
      extraordinary days after the fall of the House of Saud and the collapse
      of the world oil market....

      *Home Sick
      Richard Risemberg turns sick days into an opportunity to reflect on the
      differences between the inner suburb where he grew up and the vibrant
      city neighborhood, only three miles away, where he lives now.

      *"This Old House" and Neighborhood Rejuvenation
      Eric Miller exposes the hidden bargains of America's oldest
      neighborhoods, which present a chance to buy into both the real estate
      market and the future of humanity on the cheap.

      *Concierge
      Our new Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide
      weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
      calculator, with more on the way!

      *Vox Civitatis
      Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
      assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
      state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

      And of course a wealth of
      reviews, essays, stories, and other resources in our more than
      500-article Archive!

      All on The New Colonist at http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity,
      an obligation; every possession, a duty."
      John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
      Message 2 of 16 , May 1 9:07 AM
        The May issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
        http://www.newcolonist.com!

        This month's features:

        * Waste Treatment Gets a New Look in Japan
        Mike Wong visits the garbage dump for a very pleasant outing....
        * Iraq, Spring 2004
        Richard Risemberg responds to Nicholas Kristof's call for oil war
        poetry....
        * Cities and the Seeds of Change
        Eric Miller explores the role of today's cities as nurseries of
        social change....
        * Concierge
        Our new Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide
        weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
        calculator, with more on the way!
        * Vox Civitatis
        Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
        assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
        state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

        And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources
        in our more than 500-article Archive!
        http://www.living-room.org
        http://www.newcolonist.com

        "Until you stop looking for simple answers, you will not be happy. You
        will not even be human."

        RR
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 31, 2005
          The February issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
          http://www.newcolonist.com!

          This month's features:

          • Twin Cities Turnaround
          Karen Sandness finds her hometown's finally growing up....
          • Our Own Day Here
          What is culture really worth? What does it mean?...
          • Saving the City
          One house at a time....
          • Concierge
          Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather
          forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, events listings, classifieds,
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
            The July issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at http://www.newcolonist.com!
            This month's features:

            Tales from a Chicago Coffeehouse
            Stories from a paradigmatic urban place....

            Sense & Subsidy
            Hypocrisy and community battle it out on the streets....

            How Did This House Get Like This?
            Abandonment and revival in Pittsburgh....

            Concierge
            Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange calculator, with more on the way!

            Vox Civitatis
            Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

            And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources in our comprehensive Archive!