Banos, Ecuador

  • Robert J. Matter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2004
      Here's a interesting treatment of a street in Banos, Ecuador

      http://www.treadlightlytours.com/images/tourdebanos/day1/IMG_0033.jpg

      friends of mine on a bicycle tour there told me the street is wide enough for one car to get through with maybe a couple feet to spare.

      Banos is widening its sidewalks and narrowing its streets to prioritize walking and biking with hopes of becoming a tourist destination, which seems to be working.

      I meet lots of people every year who choose to tour in the Netherlands because of its bicycle friendliness.

      If you are in Chicagoland and want to see a slide show of my friend's Ecuador tour, come to the DePaul University Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield, Room 316, Tuesday, 2/10/04, at 7pm. Another person will also give a presentation of a bike tour in France.

      See http://www.treadlightlytours.com/banos_day1.php for more Ecuador pics.

      -Bob Matter
      Chicagoland Folding Bike Society
      http://www.geocities.com/rjmatter/
      Dedicated to the promotion of folding bicycles
      and enhancement of the folding bike experience.