Re: Pentagon Prepares for Global-WArming Induced Social Chaos

  • hcfdave
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Richard Risemberg
      <rickrise@e...> wrote:
      > A quote:
      >
      > > "The Pentagon's reaction to this sobering report isn't
      known—in keeping with his reputation for reticence, Andy
      Marshall declined to be interviewed. But the fact that he's
      concerned may signal a sea change in the debate about global
      warming. At least some federal thought leaders may be starting
      to perceive climate change less as a political annoyance and
      more as an issue demanding action."

      my take on this:
      ---Typical corporate dictatorship response. When confronted
      with a problem they pay quick lip service to it , then decline even
      to be interviewed, and continue their genocidal actions. We
      must work for reform of the electoral system, to preclude
      completely incompetent jokers from becoming president even
      though they are not supported by a majority of the people.
      THAT is the main fight- it is crucial; until this problem is fixed
      we shall keep seeing this happen again and again, and the
      'religious right' will keep us on the path to their beloved
      armageddon. All the while getting into bigger and nastier cars,
      murdering more and more cyclists.

      DaveS