February Issue of The New Colonist

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      The February issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
      http://www.newcolonist.com!

      February's features:

      * Stopping Sprawl at the Schoolhouse Door
      Jane Holtz Kay examines the effects of school design and siting
      on everything from traffic to obesity in the US, and shows off a how a
      neighborhood took school design into its own hands and improved its
      standard of living while reducing crime....
      * The New Feudalism
      Richard Risemberg, The New Colonist's own voice of immoderation,
      fulminates against the machinations of the Dark Lords of our economy and
      the threat they present not only to civility but to survival....
      * Bad News and the Future of Pittsburgh
      Founder Eric Miller returns to his roots in Pittsburgh and
      discovers a strange pride in penury that afflicts his new hometown, and
      recommends some measures that would give Pittsburghers something to brag
      about again.

      And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources
      in our more than 500-article Archive! All at http://www.newcolonist.com.
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity,
      an obligation; every possession, a duty."
      John D. Rockefeller, Jr.