Car free Bam, Iran?

  • curioustodd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      Hi,

      Well, my first thought was that Bam could be rebuilt as a movie set,
      but a real functional city, BUT then I thought I wonder if we could
      get the Iranians interested in rebuilding Bam Carfree...or something
      like that.

      I think I can get an introduction to someone at the UNDP and have
      also found a website for an Iranian environmental org which the UNDP
      deals with....

      Anyone interested in helping out?

      Let me know on the list or to cyklopraha@...

      Thanks,
      Todd Edelman
      Cycling and Energy Futures
      www.cyklopraha.cz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
        Well, my first thought was that Bam could be rebuilt as a movie set,
        but a real functional city, BUT then I thought I wonder if we could
        get the Iranians interested in rebuilding Bam Carfree...or something
        like that.

        I think I can get an introduction to someone at the UNDP and have
        also found a website for an Iranian environmental org which the UNDP
        deals with....

        Anyone interested in helping out?

        Contact Nader Khalili, who has updated traditional Persian architecture to California building-code seismic standards: http://calearth.org/.

        Try also my friend Morteza Rezvani, a documentary filmmaker with an interest in urban planning: mort@....