Re: [carfree_cities] night trucking (was Interesting)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
      Hi All,

      I'm appalled by this proposal to run thousands of heavy trucks through
      central LA at night. Isn't the place already noisy enough, all the time?
      I know from my own experience that you can hear a busy freeway
      (I-95, MassPike) from MILES away if the breeze is from it to you.

      Why doesn't the city simply REQUIRE the use of the Alameda corridor
      rail link for getting these containers from the coast to inland areas?

      It is as if these externalities (noise, unnecessary pollution compared
      to railing) just don't count.

      Regards,

      -- ### --