New Issue of New Colonist

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2003
      Welcome to 2004 and another new issue of the New Colonist! Go to
      http://www.newcolonist.com to read our latest articles, including:

      *What Are They Afraid Of?, Keith Schneider's analysis of conservative
      opposition to the growth of Smart Growth

      *Pedestrian Streets, a photo essay exploring the phenomenon in Japan,
      Argentina, and Los Angeles

      *A Wish for Your City, where New Colonist readers tell the world what
      they'd like to see happen in their towns in 2004

      And your editors' personal wish lists for Pittsburgh and Los Angeles,
      along with over 500 articles, essays, and reviews in our archives, all
      at http://www.newcolonist.com, and always free.

      Richard
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity,
      an obligation; every possession, a duty."
      John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 29, 2004
        The March issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
        http://www.newcolonist.com

        This month's features:

        *Sixty Days, Next Year
        C. Haynes presents the diary of an ordinary American in the
        extraordinary days after the fall of the House of Saud and the collapse
        of the world oil market....

        *Home Sick
        Richard Risemberg turns sick days into an opportunity to reflect on the
        differences between the inner suburb where he grew up and the vibrant
        city neighborhood, only three miles away, where he lives now.

        *"This Old House" and Neighborhood Rejuvenation
        Eric Miller exposes the hidden bargains of America's oldest
        neighborhoods, which present a chance to buy into both the real estate
        market and the future of humanity on the cheap.

        *Concierge
        Our new Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide
        weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
        calculator, with more on the way!

        *Vox Civitatis
        Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
        assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
        state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

        And of course a wealth of
        reviews, essays, stories, and other resources in our more than
        500-article Archive!

        All on The New Colonist at http://www.newcolonist.com

        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2004
          The May issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
          http://www.newcolonist.com!

          This month's features:

          * Waste Treatment Gets a New Look in Japan
          Mike Wong visits the garbage dump for a very pleasant outing....
          * Iraq, Spring 2004
          Richard Risemberg responds to Nicholas Kristof's call for oil war
          poetry....
          * Cities and the Seeds of Change
          Eric Miller explores the role of today's cities as nurseries of
          social change....
          * Concierge
          Our new Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide
          weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
          calculator, with more on the way!
          * Vox Civitatis
          Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
          assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
          state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

          And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources
          in our more than 500-article Archive!
          http://www.living-room.org
          http://www.newcolonist.com

          "Until you stop looking for simple answers, you will not be happy. You
          will not even be human."

          RR
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 31, 2005
            The February issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
            http://www.newcolonist.com!

            This month's features:

            • Twin Cities Turnaround
            Karen Sandness finds her hometown's finally growing up....
            • Our Own Day Here
            What is culture really worth? What does it mean?...
            • Saving the City
            One house at a time....
            • Concierge
            Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather
            forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, events listings, classifieds,
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
              The July issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at http://www.newcolonist.com!
              This month's features:

              Tales from a Chicago Coffeehouse
              Stories from a paradigmatic urban place....

              Sense & Subsidy
              Hypocrisy and community battle it out on the streets....

              How Did This House Get Like This?
              Abandonment and revival in Pittsburgh....

              Concierge
              Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange calculator, with more on the way!

              Vox Civitatis
              Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

              And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources in our comprehensive Archive!