Auckland calling

  • ownworldnz
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2003
      Hi
      Here in Auckland, New Zealand we are battling against the City Council
      who want to destroy a beautiful part of the city and replace it with a
      motorway. See www.stem.org.nz for many more details.

      If you would like to help up please send an e-mail to the following:
      John Banks (mayor) 307 7585 mayor@...
      Williams Cairns (Councillor, Hobson Ward ) 3792020 cr.cairns@akcity.
      govt.nz
      Scott Milne (Councillor, Hobson Ward ) (0274) 946 321 cr.milne@akcity.
      govt.nz
      Victoria Carter 529 1121 cr.carter@...
      Greg McKeown (Councillor & Chair of Transport Committee) 630 1351 cr.
      mckeown@...
      Juliet Yates (Councillor, Eastern Bays Ward ) 528 0581 cr.
      yates@...
      Doug Armstrong (Councillor, Eastern Bays Ward ) (025) 967 770 cr.
      armstrong@...
      Bill Christian 527 8648 cr.christian@...
      Sherryl McKelvie (0274) 744 431 cr.mckelvie@...

      In the email please state
      1 - we oppose the construction of the uneccessary Eastern Motorway
      2 - we would prefer Auckland to invest money in public transport
      3 - enlightened cities are looking at ways of eliminating the need for
      cars, not encouraging them.

      Also, please pass this email on to your friends. Together we can make
      a difference.

      many thanks
      webmaster STEM
    • Mike Harrington
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2003
        What's going on in New Zealand? Are they trying to out-US the US of A?

        How is public transport there, is ridership good in Auckland? Are they
        building any new rail lines to counterbalance the freeways?