Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Preaching to the Crowd

  • Mike Harrington
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2003
      As for me I preach not to the crowd but to people in their heart or hearts.

      Seriously, I believe the way to get through the coming money/energy
      transition is to go back, in certain respects, to 1940, at a lower BTU per
      capita ratio.

      Just my opinion, but carfree cities will not possible in the USofA in the
      immediate future without thinking in terms of historical energy curves.
      What the US achieved in 1943 on the "home front" can theoretically be done
      on a permanent basis.