Re: This Carfree Stuff

  • Karen Sandness
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2003
      Tokyo closes off two of its major shopping districts, the Ginza and
      Shinjuku, to cars on weekends. People absolutely throng both places.
      The last time I went to the Ginza on a Saturday, it was so crowded that
      finding a restaurant without a half-hour wait for a table was a real
      challenge.

      Of course, since we're talking about Tokyo, there is superb access by
      public transport to two or three points along each of these so-called
      "pedestrian heavens."

      In transit,
      Karen Sandness