Re: Tricycle Taxis

  • Andrew Preble
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2000
      About those rickshaws- My neighbor in the quiet little Abita Springs that I live
      bought an old one from an antique dealer and she regularly takes her kids out on
      it. When the whole town comes together and has the "Whole Town Garage Sale" I
      borrowed it and had a little taxi service of my own during that one day and made
      quite a bit of money pedaling people around.

      Also- A new business has opened up where they rent bikes and take people on rides
      along the "Tammany Trace", a 20 something mile bike path that runs through the
      parish and starts where I live, it seems as if they are doing pretty well although
      in the summer it is much too hot for people to ride bikes unless it has just
      rained.
      --Andrew