Re: Oh, crap!

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
      > HOV lanes are in most of the U.S., mostly useless.
      > Let them convert them to regular lanes and watch how
      > little things improve.

      =v= Things will improve in the short run, though perhaps by
      shifting a bottleneck to somewhere else, and the Arnolds of
      the world will talk about widening things at that location.

      =v= But how is this policy even possible? Every Californian
      HOV lane I know of was part of a clean air requirement, in
      which widening a freeway could only be permitted if it was
      "mitigated" by making it an HOV lane. I suspect this plan
      has something to do with the Bush Administration's zealous
      nonenforcement of environmental laws.
      <_Jym_>