Re: [carfree_cities] Cyclists fail to see the humor in deejays' calls for assault

  • Patrick J McDonough
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2003
      I live in the Greater Raleigh area, and this has been in the papers a lot.
      Two days after the first incident, the deejays ran some kind of fake PSA
      further mocking cyclists. The next two days, they were off the air,
      presumably due to negative response.

      Anyway, the most compelling thing to occur out of this is that CAPITAL
      FORD, yes, one of the biggest auto dealers in the city- pulled their
      advertising from G105. Naturally, I called Capital Ford to tell them that
      though I live quite far from their business, I would bring our Taurus over
      to their store in Raleigh for its next tune-up.

      The Great Outdoor Provision company also pulled their advertising account.
      I don't buy lots of canoes, but if I have any river-going friends, I'm
      recommending them as well.

      Here is a weblink for greater detail:
      http://www.trianglemtb.com/pages/projects/g105.html

      Patrick mcDonough