Re: [carfree_cities] Highway Autocrats Try To Wreck Houston Light Rail

  • Mike Harrington
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2003
      Tom DeLay, one of Dubya's good buddies in Congress, got DeeCee to pass a law
      forbidding federal rail funding for the Harris County Metropolitan Transit
      Authority. Now, a man who also frequently reminds us what a truly wonderful
      and squeaky clean Christian he is, John Culberson republican Rep TX 7th, has
      resorted to dirty tricks as DeLay's and Shrub's front man to stop the
      Houston light rail referendum. Culberson is one of the principal sponsors
      of the Katy Freeway expansion project, last year touted as $1 billion, now
      projected at $1.7 billion because of all the land they have to acquire to
      build it. Of course, no referendum was needed on that or any other freeway
      in Houston, since it's what all freedom-loving, smirking, spoiled rich kids
      like Dubya want. There's nothing these madmen will stop at to prevent the
      paving over of Houston and the rest of North America. Nobody's town
      anywhere in the USA or anywhere else is safe as long as these sickos are in
      power. The highway cabal see the polls aren't going their way, and they
      resort to shock and awe, at your expense, of course. Wrapping themselves in
      the flag, the "freedom" they harangue everyone about is their freedom to
      bombard that population 24/7 with their never-ending string of lies. Rupert
      Murdock and godfather Dick Cheney ought to be proud of them, along with
      Joseph Goebbels. After all, they're the ones getting rich from this
      continued rape of America's cities and working class.

      Here's my website for the day:

      http://www.dubyaspeak.com/