Re: [carfree_cities] Highway Autocrats Try To Wreck Houston Light Rail

  • Kittyn Boi
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2003
      Here in Floirda there was an initiative to build a bullet train between Tamp
      and Miami, but I believe Jeb Bush and some of his people tried to gut that
      as well. Although I think it's fate is still up inthe air.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2003
        Tom DeLay, one of Dubya's good buddies in Congress, got DeeCee to pass a law
        forbidding federal rail funding for the Harris County Metropolitan Transit
        Authority. Now, a man who also frequently reminds us what a truly wonderful
        and squeaky clean Christian he is, John Culberson republican Rep TX 7th, has
        resorted to dirty tricks as DeLay's and Shrub's front man to stop the
        Houston light rail referendum. Culberson is one of the principal sponsors
        of the Katy Freeway expansion project, last year touted as $1 billion, now
        projected at $1.7 billion because of all the land they have to acquire to
        build it. Of course, no referendum was needed on that or any other freeway
        in Houston, since it's what all freedom-loving, smirking, spoiled rich kids
        like Dubya want. There's nothing these madmen will stop at to prevent the
        paving over of Houston and the rest of North America. Nobody's town
        anywhere in the USA or anywhere else is safe as long as these sickos are in
        power. The highway cabal see the polls aren't going their way, and they
        resort to shock and awe, at your expense, of course. Wrapping themselves in
        the flag, the "freedom" they harangue everyone about is their freedom to
        bombard that population 24/7 with their never-ending string of lies. Rupert
        Murdock and godfather Dick Cheney ought to be proud of them, along with
        Joseph Goebbels. After all, they're the ones getting rich from this
        continued rape of America's cities and working class.

        Here's my website for the day:

        http://www.dubyaspeak.com/