New New Colonist Issue

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      Hello All--

      Well, it's the first of the month again, and that means another issue of
      the New Colonist for you to peruse at http://www.newcolonist.com

      This month we move our first White Paper, "Making California Possible:
      Urban Issues Outlined for Pundits, Pols, and Prospective Governors" of
      the world's sixth-largest economy, to the front page, right after Mary
      Justine Smith's "Blackout of 2003: Inconvenience or Inspiration," a
      story of grace under pressure in the city of Detroit.

      We also feature our editorials, with Richard Risemberg weighing in on
      "Death and Taxes" and Eric Miller explicating "The Cleveland
      Experiment." And there's a brief review of the Heritage Foundation's
      "Guide to Smart Growth."

      While you're there, visit our online store and pick out a high-quality
      photographic print, postcard, or greeting card set depicting an urban
      scene. These are small gallery-quality prints printed to last over
      twenty years under proper display conditions (acid-free mats and backing
      boards, framed with glass). At $12.00 (plus shipping) these are a true
      bargain and worthy decoration for your office, home, or apartment.
      Enjoy vivid depictions of urban life while helping us achieve a
      different sort of sustainability! http:www.newcolonist.com/store.html

      Besides all this, we offer members access to over 500 hundred articles,
      essay, editorials, and reviews in our Archives. All on The New Colonist
      at http://www.newcolonist.com

      Thank you,

      Richard
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity,
      an obligation; every possession, a duty."
      John D. Rockefeller, Jr.