Birthday Greetings for Ray Bradbury

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2003
      =v= Ray Bradbury is an accomplished writer who's lived carfree
      all his life. This is even more impressive when you consider
      his age and the fact that he lives in Los Angeles. His carfree
      perspective made its way into a short story, "The Pedestrian,"
      which you can read (and read about) online:

      http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ray+Bradbury%22+%22The+Pedestrian%22

      =v= Science fiction fans are preparing "the world's largest
      birthday card" for him. Seems to me a bunch of carfree folks
      might like to participate, too:

      https://planetary.org/bradbury/

      > by the 20th, and I assume they will be transcribed to some
      > suitable medium, such as Mars.
      >
      > from Ansible 193

      <_Jym_>
    • Andie Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2003
        Thanks for that Jym.

        > Ray Bradbury is an accomplished writer who's lived carfree
        > all his life. This is even more impressive when you consider
        > his age and the fact that he lives in Los Angeles. His carfree
        > perspective made its way into a short story, "The Pedestrian,"
        > which you can read (and read about) online:
        >
        > http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ray+Bradbury%22+%22The+Pedestrian%22

        Yes, I have to confess that I had such a hard time finding the story, that
        when I did, I scanned and put it online. I figured, since the book is out of
        print, that Mr Bradbury would forgive me.
      • semere Hadera
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 2003
          Thanks for that Jym.