Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Park-and-Ride

  • Martha Torell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2000
      > Metrolink suburban commuter trains in the LA County area operate on the park-and-ride system and are quite successful. My boss drives a few miles to the station lot, then rides 60 more into town, where he's
      > picked up by a local employee to carpool in. Sometimes he just rides in to the downtown station instead and rides out to Hollywood on the subway. He has no commitment to enviro causes but does it because
      > it's less stressful and more convenient.

      Though it has been wonderful to read comments from other people who are
      unhappy about what our autodependence has wrought, people like your
      boss, will be more persuasive than we might be. His reasons for rail
      commuting are convenience and to avoid stress. Very good reasons. They
      will count more with people in love with their autos than will our
      reasons.

      Martha