July Issue of The New Colonist

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      The July issue of The New Colonist is available online now at
      http://www.newcolonist.com This month features a slight format change,
      emphasizing our popular City Pages, and two new articles:

      ***Lise Maring explores how agribusiness is "mining" our topsoil and
      groundwater in the name of economies of scale, and reveals the hidden
      efficiencies in family farming that just could save the world, in "Rice
      Bowl, Dust Bowl: Agribusiness and the Future"

      ***Walter Alvarado writes of a chance meeting in a San Francisco BART
      station and the world it opened up to him in "Station Crossing: A Letter
      Home"

      And of course we offer our usual editorials, Street Food, and other
      features, as well as access to our extensive Sustainability Archive to
      New Colonist subscribers.

      Speaking of memberships, this is a good month to join up, as it's New
      Colonist's third birthday, so we are offering an Anniversary Sale on
      subscriptions to all who join in July: only $12.99 per year for all the
      membership benefits. Simply click on the "Subscribe" link on the
      homepage, or go to the sign-up page right now:

      http://www.mollyguard.com/access/subscribe/104864

      The New Colonist, at http://www.newcolonist.com We're about life in
      the city.
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life
      are based on the labors of others."
      Albert Einstein

      --
      Visit Living Room at http://www.living-room.org

      To leave this list, send a blank email to