Re: [carfree_cities] politics...whatever, i'm living car free...

  • phillip m. torrone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
      Jym Dyer wrote:
      > =v= Good for you. Are you religiously charging your Segway
      > only during off-peak hours? Otherwise you're just shifting
      > the fossil fuel emissions elsewhere.

      here are the answers, good ones too i think, i'm trying. living care free,
      saving bucks. acting locally. thinking globally. spending my money in car
      free ways.

      in the name of the father, the sun...and the holy electron....i've got a
      solar array so i'm -off the grid baby- off the grid.

      btw, my state gets most of it's power from hydro power...most of the
      pollution (over half) in my state is from cars.

      also, modern powerplants can be in one controlled area and -can- be clean.
      this is why i tend to like electric powered ways of getting around, with a
      solar array more so.

      > =v= Oh, and for longer trips, do you have an intermodal type
      > of solution? I'd guess bike + rail or somesuch, since there
      > really isn't much of an intermodal solution for the Segway.

      bike + bus and /or carpool / rideshare.

      i'm off for a jog.

      my shoes, clothes and food i ate were most likely transported on trucks, i'd
      go naked-- but they don't like that around here, well sometimes it's okay at
      the freemont parade.

      cheers,
      pt