Wolfowtiz story

  • David Sucher
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
      I think it's very important for all of us to apply rigor and skepticism
      even if might want to agree with the "lesson" of a story.

      As I read the underlying interview, The Guardian quoted Wolfowitz way
      out of context and put an inaccurate interpretation on his words.
      That's dirty pool.

      It is quite interesting to note that the story seems to have been
      buried by the Guardian. The article is still on the site but you have
      to know the URL! It does not come up after a search for Wolfowitz. Nor
      does the article come up after a search of the author's name, George
      Wright. It's absence from The Guardian's internal search engine is
      quite damning.

      And hardly admirable journalism -- technically leaving the article on
      the site but too timid to admit a mistake, though perhaps that will
      come in time, but not in time to prevent a canard from taking root as
      it is, sadly, far easier to spread a falisty than to retract one.