politics...whatever, i'm living car free...

  • phillip m. torrone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      i took a walk today with my dog, jogged 5 miles, rode my segway by all the
      gas stations to work with a big ass smile on my face, suckaz.

      i'm living car free baby. this weekend i'm going for a long bike ride.

      i have $600 to spend from not paying for payment, gas and parking, i'm going
      to take my wife on a trip somewhere car-free.

      it's all about oil, politics, bush this, iraq that lately gents? whateva'

      act locally.

      now someone call me a troll or something, thanks.

      cheers,
      pt
    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
        > i'm living car free baby.

        =v= Good for you. Are you religiously charging your Segway
        only during off-peak hours? Otherwise you're just shifting
        the fossil fuel emissions elsewhere.

        =v= Oh, and for longer trips, do you have an intermodal type
        of solution? I'd guess bike + rail or somesuch, since there
        really isn't much of an intermodal solution for the Segway.
        <_Jym_>
      • phillip m. torrone
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
          Jym Dyer wrote:
          > =v= Good for you. Are you religiously charging your Segway
          > only during off-peak hours? Otherwise you're just shifting
          > the fossil fuel emissions elsewhere.

          here are the answers, good ones too i think, i'm trying. living care free,
          saving bucks. acting locally. thinking globally. spending my money in car
          free ways.

          in the name of the father, the sun...and the holy electron....i've got a
          solar array so i'm -off the grid baby- off the grid.

          btw, my state gets most of it's power from hydro power...most of the
          pollution (over half) in my state is from cars.

          also, modern powerplants can be in one controlled area and -can- be clean.
          this is why i tend to like electric powered ways of getting around, with a
          solar array more so.

          > =v= Oh, and for longer trips, do you have an intermodal type
          > of solution? I'd guess bike + rail or somesuch, since there
          > really isn't much of an intermodal solution for the Segway.

          bike + bus and /or carpool / rideshare.

          i'm off for a jog.

          my shoes, clothes and food i ate were most likely transported on trucks, i'd
          go naked-- but they don't like that around here, well sometimes it's okay at
          the freemont parade.

          cheers,
          pt