Wolfowitz admits Bush Administration lied about WMD

  • John O. Andersen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,970330,00.html

      This is a huge story. Thanks Rick.

      If we were truly interested in having a vibrant living democracy, we'd be livid about this, and be determined to make Bush and Blair pay for their lies.

      I believe our children will be the next "Sixties" generation. As they come of age, they will be fed up with corporate scandals, massive lies by our government, and other issues such as out-of-control health care costs, and environmental degradation.

      They will rise up and change society.

      I will back them.

      Bring on the revolution!

      John O. Andersen
      Unconventional Ideas:
      Counter-Mainstream Thoughts on Living Meaningfully in the 21st Century
      http://www.unconventionalideas.com

    • David Sucher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
        I think it's very important for all of us to apply rigor and skepticism
        even if might want to agree with the "lesson" of a story.

        As I read the underlying interview, The Guardian quoted Wolfowitz way
        out of context and put an inaccurate interpretation on his words.
        That's dirty pool.

        It is quite interesting to note that the story seems to have been
        buried by the Guardian. The article is still on the site but you have
        to know the URL! It does not come up after a search for Wolfowitz. Nor
        does the article come up after a search of the author's name, George
        Wright. It's absence from The Guardian's internal search engine is
        quite damning.

        And hardly admirable journalism -- technically leaving the article on
        the site but too timid to admit a mistake, though perhaps that will
        come in time, but not in time to prevent a canard from taking root as
        it is, sadly, far easier to spread a falisty than to retract one.