Serious error in NC

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hi Rick,

      US oil consumption is given as 19 billion barrels/year,
      with world consumption at 28 BBY

      Correct figures, according to EIA, and in approx. agreement
      with the numbers I work with, are

      19 MILLION barrels a DAY for USA
      77 MILLION barrels a DAY world total.

      The USA is a hog, but it's not using +/- 60% of world production.

      Fix me now!!!!!!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        J.H. Crawford wrote:

        > US oil consumption is given as 19 billion barrels/year,
        > with world consumption at 28 BBY
        >
        > Correct figures, according to EIA, and in approx. agreement
        > with the numbers I work with, are
        >
        > 19 MILLION barrels a DAY for USA
        > 77 MILLION barrels a DAY world total.
        >
        > The USA is a hog, but it's not using +/- 60% of world production.
        I checked the figures and reconciled the quote in the article with the
        DOE stats.

        Richard
        http://www.living-room.org
        http://www.newcolonist.com

        "A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life
        are based on the labors of others."
        Albert Einstein