June Issue of The New Colonist

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      The June issue of the New Colonist is online and available at
      http://www.newcolonist.com This month's articles include:

      *World Without Oil
      Lise Maring explores the hidden extent of oil dependency, and all that
      we will lose when the last drop of crude has been poured into a gas tank
      a few years from now

      *Looking Backward, Looking Forward
      Simon Baddeley outlines the next generation of strategies for
      extricating us from the auto-addiction trap

      *San Francisco House Tours
      A prospective regular feature takes you on a virtual tour of teh Castro
      Districts distinctive architecture

      *Fear the Sower
      Richard Risemberg raves about George Bush and Frankenfoods

      *Pounding the Pavement
      Eric Miller looks at car dependency, community design, and fat

      *San Francisco's Cafe Society
      Wilson Fang reports on teh pleasures of the buzzbean in Nroth America's
      coffeehouse capital

      *Street Food: Pink's
      G. S. Morey deconstructs LA's legendary hot dog stand

      Not to mention our City Pages, Archives, and more, all available now at
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life
      are based on the labors of others."
      Albert Einstein
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2005
        The June issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
        http://www.newcolonist.com!
        This month's features:

        The Shopkeeper Solution
        Jay Walljasper on rendering Wal*Mart irrelevant in your community....
        Doing something About It
        "Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anythign about
        it"....
        Rebirth of Urbanity
        Atlanta, with a few surprises up its sleeve...?
        Concierge
        Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather
        forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
        calculator, with more on the way!
        Vox Civitatis
        Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
        assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
        state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.
        And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources
        in our comprehensive Archive!

        http://www.rickrise.com
        http://www.newcolonist.com
        http://www.living-room.org