carfreeuniverse.org

  • Colin Leath
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2003
      Hello-
      This is a note to let you know that
      http://carfreeuniverse.org
      is open and usable for publishing documents related to
      carfreeness- (for example, the carfree bill of rights)

      There is a lot more that could & should be done on the site:
      making user-added links and news items appear on the main
      page for one. Biweekly and Monthly site change notifications
      don't work either. If you want to try to import a word
      document, ask me for help.

      But I'm a bit tired of working on it--
      If any of you get excited about it, then I will probably be
      motivated to make the features you want.

      It only costs me $24/year to keep running (thanks to
      freezope) so it's not in any danger of being shut down for
      lack of money.

      The advantage of this site is that it is in effect a
      database of links, newsitems, and documents by author,
      location, and subject-

      So, if thousands of people signed up and added links, docs,
      newsitems, it would be very easy to automatically generate
      pages based on the country/city/neighborhood/subject the
      viewer was most interested in.

      Sign in and try using it if you want to, and let me know if
      you want any features worked on!

      You can also use it to introduce yourself to the carfree
      community. (use the subject 'introduction')

      some guidelines:
      don't forget to add a summary (even if only one line)
      don't forget to 'publish' your document-- otherwise, only
      you can see it!

      currently I haven't provided for the display of newsitems &
      links that you add- but let me know if you want that, and
      I'll make them show up.

      Colin
      http://j9k.org

      this email was sent to: