Oil supply

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2003
      Fascinating, long analysis of the oil supply situation for the USA.

      "By every measure of petroleum security or vulnerability that we have examined, the United States is as vulnerable, and in most cases more so, than at the time of the 1973 Embargo. Domestic production is about half, dependence on imports is 50 % higher, the number of days that stocks can replace imports is 5 % lower, and a larger percentage of imports is concentrated in a few suppliers. In addition, an action in Iraq would result in the elimination of most of the world�s excess capacity for an indeterminate period of time."

      http://www.wtrg.com/EnergyCrisis/index.html

      Drop Bush
      Not Bombs

      -- ### --