urban movement carfree festivals

  • rory
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2003
      Hi,I've been reading this list with interest for several months and find it inspiring.As Earth day is coming we are organising a carfree festival as a publicity event for 'smart growth' in Taiwan.We have been sucessful in getting local community and local government support and drumming up some media interest.Our belief is that all publicity events should be positive, only promote, never protest.Although our initial imputous for the event was the war and peace remains a goal, we are being careful to stay clear of international political statements and will be focusing on local issues. How to improve the local area and on what individuals in the local community can do to live in a more environmentally friendly way.Anyway if anyone is interested in a local event which if repeated globally would have global effect please check out our website.www.urbanmovement.orgAny ideas or input on where we can take this fledgling organisation would be welcome.SincerelyRory McMullan