Re: unemployment statistics and underreporting

  • charles
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 5:20 PM
      Having been unemployed several times, I know for a fact that The
      Numbers the Gov't gives is only for those who Report in to the Gov't
      offices to ask for assistance. When I was first out of work I
      thought I would get nothing from the Gov't because this last time I
      was Fired. After about 2 months, It was not going to hurt anything,
      So I went in, only to find out that I could have been getting a
      small check from my state Gov't for being out of work even IF I had
      been fired. ( My reasons for being Fired Were shall we say not
      totally my fault, which was enough to get some money) If My getting
      fired was TOTALLY my fault I would have gotten help but no money.

      I used 8 to 9 weeks worth of my 13 and found a job Though NOT from
      what they had to offer. What they Paid me I had to pay Income
      taxes on, Which was 15% (which I think is stupid, If I am out of work
      why tax a poor man????).

      Oh and the POOR, New numbers make any family of 3, single earner,
      who earns less than $22,000 a year, POOR. Hey that makes me poor.
      Not uneducated, just poor. Of course there are numbers out that
      anyone earning more than $75,000 a year Rich, Which puts every
      Congress Person, from both parties and The House, in the Rich bracket.
      Oh and the Tax laws say if you earn more than $5,650 you have to
      pay taxes. Why should the POOR pay taxes????

      Gets off his soap box and goes home.

      Charles