Re: [carfree_cities] Fwd: War, Oil, Cars & Cities. An Evening with EcoCity Visionary Richard Register

  • phillip m. torrone
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      rats-

      i'll be in town next week, i'd really like to have seen this.

      one thing i'd like to "throw out there" is this...

      solutions, we need people to have more non-car transportation choices short
      and long term. these need to be encouraged. yes, some of these things have
      some risks, but no matter what-- all the risks are than cars in more ways
      than worth getting in to here. nevs (neighborhood electric vehicles) segway
      hts, ride sharing, etc...there are so many factions and sects in our
      communities that say what people should do, and what the problems are...but
      actionable solutions and revisiting our laws / taxes to make it easier and
      more encouraged to have more non-car choices would be great. i think now
      might be a good time for many of the groups out there to start working
      together as opposed to against each other at times...

      cheers,
      pt