http://carfree.meetup.com/

  • Colin Leath
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2003
      There is now a carfree meetup!

      Meetup is a site that proposes to make money by placing group meetings in
      venues.

      I have had fun going to the following meetups:
      daniel quinn (Ishmael),
      ken wilber,
      vegan

      there are others I would go to if they had enough people RSVPing.

      The Ishmael group in NYC has gotten fed up with the meetup process, but
      still uses the meetup site as a pointer to their yahoogroups email list.

      So,
      If you're interested in making your presence known to people browsing
      meetup.com,
      (carfree is in the politics & activism -> Issues section)

      go ahead and register there for your city.

      You will have to deal with some extra emails reminding you to vote on
      venues--but, you're getting some free advertising. In your profile when
      you sign up for a particular meetup you can include a link to your own
      website.

      It is also conceivable that enough people will sign up in your city that
      you'll actually get to meet some of them!

      I note that the
      Czech Republic
      Romania
      and other countries represented at the carbusters conference are
      options...

      http://carfree.meetup.com/

      Carfree Colin

      someday http://carfreeuniverse.org will be ready...

      questions: how we can define _our_ culture, and what should our physical
      capitol be like?)