Re: malls vs public streets

  • paulparma
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2003
      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Miller
      <christophermiller@m...> wrote:
      > An eloquent reminder of the difference between malls and (shopping)
      > streets:

      I second Chris' notions, especially after reading the news story (see
      Chris' original message).

      This is another bullet to put in lists of benifits and costs of
      carfree vs. carcentric.

      Paul Parma
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2003
        --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "paulparma" <info@v...> wrote:
        > --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Miller
        > <christophermiller@m...> wrote:
        > > An eloquent reminder of the difference between malls and
        (shopping)
        > > streets:
        > >
        > I second Chris' notions, especially after reading the news story
        (see
        > Chris' original message).
        >
        > This is another bullet to put in lists of benifits and costs of
        > carfree vs. carcentric.

        But I live in southern Arizona and in the summer I often hang out at
        the mall since being outside in 100+ temps isn't too much fun. I
        frankly have not seen or experienced harrassment at the mall and I
        always carry a backpack, which is considered a security risk now a
        days. I think, as with all things, it depends on the mall/shopping
        center/place of business, etc.