Re: [carfree_cities] Re: What's in a Name? The Less the Better!--Organic Exercise

  • Robert J. Matter
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2003
      Concurrent

      Concomitant

      Simultaneous

      Coincident

      -Bob Matter
      -----------
      "Trains of all sizes dominate. Streetcars spin down streets
      in a national web of reliable rail. Bikes offer transit for
      over ten percent of commuters. Half of all Amsterdam traffic
      is two-wheeled, moving on safe lanes that bypass car traffic."
      --Jane Holtz Kay, New Colonist January 2003
    • Patrick J McDonough
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2003
        These words are too big, and sadly, concomitant will probably send many
        scurrying for a dictionary. Seriously, I like the mantra of our local
        group here in Chapel hill which is tying urban form to public health:

        "Active Living By Design"