Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Urban automobile cost per mile

  • Jason Davies
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 6 3:13 PM
      >However I think there could be a
      >point in making cost calculations for the average cyclist and food
      >consumer in each country with the help of available national
      >statitics, and use that as a reference. What we here could come up
      >with is a common method of calculation. Any suggestions?

      It is going to be very approximate. A bike can cost anything from £50
      second hand to £3,000. The London Cycling Campaign might have something
      they have come up with for London. As I said, London is particularly tough
      on wheels (to be honest, it depends on where you live).

      various companies have (finally) started costing cycling as an expense. I
      don't have any figures but I have seen mention of them; obviously they must
      be working with something. But of course, car expenses are traditionally
      overpaid...:-) I wonder if they did the same thing with bikes...
      --
      What follows is a real-life A level exam entry...

      ...Agamemnon has little respect for nobbless oblidged in this passage.