Re: [carfree_cities] What's in a Name? The Less the Better!

  • Patrick J McDonough
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
      http://www.activelivingbydesign.com/

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
        I'd think "ancillary exercise" is the stuff we do because we don't exercise enough in daily life. How about "circumstantial exercise"?

        Richard

        > Was trying to give a succinct name to that exercise that one gets by
        just the things one does over the course of a typical day with no
        specific intention of getting such exercise.

        I came up with 'Ancillary Exercise'.

        Unintentional Exercise?
        Quotidian���
        Accidental���

        Luckily, I had to cut the paragraph with the unsure nomenclature due
        to length limits in the report.

        Ideas? If it isn't a often spoke of spoke aspect of anthropology I
        think it should be especially when comparing car cultures to non-auto
        ones.

        Paul Parma

        Group address: <a target=_blank
        href="http://www.egroups.com/group/carfree_cities/">http://www.egroups.com/group/carfree_cities/</a>

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <a target=_blank
        href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a>