[Fwd: [*CCM*] Indianapolis Alternative Transportation story on channel 13]

  • Robert J. Matter
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26 12:30 PM
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: [*CCM*] Indianapolis Alternative Transportation story on channel 13
      Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:50:12 -0500
      From: scott spitz <xpeoplespoetx@...>
      To: CHI-CRIT-MASS@...

      Hey friends,

      I don't know how many of you can receive wthr channel 13 from Indianapolis,
      but tonight they will be airing a story on Indianapolis's Alternative
      Transportation plan 10 years ahead. I was interviewed as "the bicycle guy"
      regarding living car-free and my plans for a commuter bike shop/transit
      station. If you want to see me get uncomfortable and turn into a bumbling
      idiot, watch channel 13 tonight at 11:00 pm. The story will also re-run at
      5:30 am and 12 noon tomorrow.

      Scott Spitz
      Leapfrog Bike Zine

    • Jason Davies
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26 12:46 PM
        >I don't know how many of you can receive wthr channel 13 from
        >Indianapolis, but tonight they will be airing a story on
        >Indianapolis's Alternative Transportation plan 10 years ahead. I was
        >interviewed as "the bicycle guy" regarding living car-free and my
        >plans for a commuter bike shop/transit station. If you want to see me
        >get uncomfortable and turn into a bumbling idiot, watch channel 13
        >tonight at 11:00 pm. The story will also re-run at 5:30 am and 12 noon
        >tomorrow.
        >
        >Scott Spitz Leapfrog Bike Zine

        any chance of some clues as to time zone for us dimwit Brits? And is that
        television or radio?
      • John O. Andersen
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26 3:27 PM
          Scott,

          Send us a link to the story once it appear on the website.

          John O. Andersen
          Unconventional Ideas:
          Counter-Mainstream Thoughts on Living Meaningfully in the 21st Century
          http://www.unconventionalideas.com
          > I don't know how many of you can receive wthr channel 13 from
          Indianapolis,
          > but tonight they will be airing a story on Indianapolis's Alternative
          > Transportation plan 10 years ahead. I was interviewed as "the bicycle guy"
          > regarding living car-free and my plans for a commuter bike shop/transit
          > station. If you want to see me get uncomfortable and turn into a bumbling
          > idiot, watch channel 13 tonight at 11:00 pm. The story will also re-run at
          > 5:30 am and 12 noon tomorrow.
          >
          > Scott Spitz
          > Leapfrog Bike Zine

        • Robert J. Matter
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 26 10:42 PM

            Jason, Indianapolis is on Eastern Time. Channel 13 is a television station WTHR http://www.wthr.com/.

            and John O. Andersen wrote:

            > Send us a link to the story once it appear on the website.

            I don't think Scott is on the carfree_cities list. I just posted his announcement here.

            -Bob Matter
            "It is not our proudest product placement.
            But it shows that the Taliban are looking
            for the same qualities as any truck buyer:
            durability and reliability."
            --Wade Hoyt, Toyota spokesman