London congestion charge starts well

  • Alex Farran
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2003
      Despite all the warnings and complaints, the first day of congestion
      charging in London has got off to a good start. Traffic in central
      London has been reduced by 25%. Let's hope it continues this way, and
      that other cities follow London's example.

      <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2772583.stm>
    • Simon Baddeley
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2003
        Hear hear! I suspect a lot of disappointed people ... but there's many a
        slip between cup and lip. I so hope this will work for the reasons you give.
        It will be a great turning point on road pricing forcing car drivers to pay
        their share of the damage they do.

        Best

        Simon