Re: Law Suit for Human Scale Access.

  • Steve <esdol@sprint.ca>
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2003
      Louis-Luc,

      You are wrong when you say:

      "Your "near accident" would have been avoid if that stupid Quebec
      gov't wouldn't introduced that unfair right turn on red "priviledge"
      for drivers which becomes an obstacle for carfree road users."

      For one thing I forgot to mention that it's when they turn LEFT not
      RIGHT. Second, it's the motorists (or pedestrians and cyclists) who
      drive and may cause accidents not because of certain laws. It's like
      blaming the cell phone when it's the person that is the cause of an
      accident, not an object held by a hand of a person!

      Steve
    • Simon Baddeley
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 2003
        Who's most dangerous? Hannibal Lecter on a bicycle or Mary Poppins in an
        SUV?
        Simon (:-))
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2003
          LOL!!!!

          > Who's most dangerous? Hannibal Lecter on a bicycle or Mary Poppins in an
          > SUV?
          > Simon (:-))

        • Jason Davies
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 2003
            >Who's most dangerous? Hannibal Lecter on a bicycle or Mary Poppins in
            >an SUV?

            he:-) Well, in my experience, I wouldn't like to choose. I've been done
            more harm by pedestrians and cyclists than cars so far, *and* I do a school
            run with a trailer bike to a raod with a school at each end (we of course
            go to the opposite end...). So toss a coin for me...:-)

            I have also been the lucky boy a few times; I owe especial thanks to one
            driver, who was almost obliged to kill me because of the actions of another
            motorist, managing to pull off a miracle stop/avoid me.