Signifigance of R. Moses License #

  • paulparma <info@venetianpassage.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      A question on a possible Historical footnote.

      Does anyone know what the signifigance of Robert Moses' license number
      of his limo being "2000"?

      I noticed that one of the authors being interviewed in the "New York"
      documentary by Rick Burns had said the plate number was 2000. Why did
      he meantion this and why did the editors leave it in?

      I could get the tape again and find who the author was (he's also a
      presidential biographer I believe), but I would rather not bother him
      for such a little detail if its otherwise somewhat comman knowledge to
      at least New Yorkers.

      I was guessing 2000 was the year Moses foresaw as when his vision (and
      others') of car domination in the country and the cities would be
      complete. It seems that this is about when it happened (????).

      If we could be lucky enough to find a robert Moses for our cause, and
      one that recognizes the need for local community buy-in, an ongoing
      trend that should have been evident to Moses from Greenwich Village
      on.

      Paul Parma