Re: My observations of master-plan communities

  • tenpagyatso <tenpagyatso@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 20, 2002
      First, thanks for the follow-up.

      In Milwaukee not only is white-flight a reality but the city has
      fostered a relatively large amount of housing development in the
      downtown area. So we have something similar as to what you describe
      in Texas.

      However, Milwaukee still has a city-center that is crumbling from
      poverty and all that comes with it (high unemployment rate, houses
      being torn down, higher density of crime, etc.). So while we have
      some wealthier people heading into downtown to live in the new
      developments there is still a lareg number of people who have left the
      city (and county) for the burbs. And of course Milwaukee city and
      county is suffering from budgetary shortfalls.

      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Harrington" <mike@p...>
      wrote:
      > White flight is more of a northern phenomenon than a southern one.
      Although

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/