Re: [carfree_cities] Maglev

    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 1, 2002
      Not much. Maglev is a side show. The Germans planned to build
      one from Hamburg to Berlin, to demonstrate the technology they
      had developed. When they found out how much it costs, the dropped
      the plans.

      It offers no significant advantage over conventional rail, and
      costs a fortune. Apparently, the claims for silk-smooth ride
      are also untrue.

      So, IMHO, let's not discuss it.

      Regards,

      >I know this aint exactly the topic , but how much attention do you
      >guys grant to urban maglev plans I see popping up through the web for
      >american megalopolis in the next 20-40 years ?
      >THey seem to me to be for real , and that should really be very cool

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com
    • Mateus de Oliveira Fechino
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 1, 2002
        I see what you mean ; I'm even registered in an Urban Maglev group ,
        just wanted to feel the mood around here about it,

        Just tell me , what does IMHO mean exactly?

        Mateus

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > --
        ### --