Re: counter-articles

  • retrovirus_com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2002
      --- In carfree_cities@y..., Tom Tromey <tromey@c...> wrote:
      > I think it would be useful to have pre-canned essays, fragments of
      > essays, and statistics for use in writing pro-transit
      > counter-articles. Does such a resource exist?

      Yeah, I've wondered the same thing. Given the prolific output of the
      likes of Randall O'Toole and Wendell Cox, it stands to reason that
      some standard responses would have been created. In fact, here's a
      paper that specifically addresses the flaws in Cox's arguments:

      www.cnu.org/cnu_reports/cox_response.pdf

      Here's a more general article along the same lines:

      http://www.masstransitmag.com/script/printabledoc.
      cfm?SearchSiteURL=/articles/2002/mt_07-02/mt_07-02_05.htm

      .joe.