Re: Retardation of technology.

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2002
      I agree with you Mr. Crawford on getting the car out of the city or
      out altogether.

      I think I need to rephrase my question. What I wanted to know is that
      if we didn't hold back research in the general sense, would we have
      something like, or something close to The Jetsons?

      I was just wondering because I read that in the past, 1949, General
      Motors along with Standard Oil of California and Firestone Tire and
      Rubber Company were convicted for conspiring against highly effecient
      urban electric-transit systems with bus operations which would
      contract never to buy new equipment using any fuel or means of
      propulsion other than petroleum. (Soource: Morton Mintz, Power Inc.,
      1976, excerpt by Citizens for Balanced Transportation, Lakewood, CO).

      Steve