BBC Radio appearance

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2002
      J.H. Crawford will appear on Night Waves, BBC Radio 3,
      on Wednesday 13 November 2002 at 21:30 GMT. The 45-minute
      show is hosted by Paul Allen and will take the form of a
      debate among four panelists on issues relating to cars,
      architecture, and cities.

      Regards,

      -- ### --

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... Carfree.com
    • T. J. Binkley
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2002
        >J.H. Crawford will appear on Night Waves, BBC Radio 3,
        >on Wednesday 13 November 2002 at 21:30 GMT. The 45-minute
        >show is hosted by Paul Allen and will take the form of a
        >debate among four panelists on issues relating to cars,
        >architecture, and cities.

        That's 1:30 in the afternoon California time. I'll be tuning in!

        http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/listings/index.shtml?day=Wednesday

        -TJB
      • dubluth
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 25, 2002
          I thought I would be able to find this show archived on the web, but I couldn't even find a reference to the particular broadcast at the BBC3 website. Does anyone know of a downloadable audio file of the show?

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 25, 2002
            The show blurb is at:

            http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/playlists/2002octdec/nightwaves0246w.shtml

            but does not happen to mention that I was on the show. I'm sure this
            is an accidental omission, as they were very pleased with the show.

            I don't know of anywhere you can hear it after-the-fact. Sorry!

            Regards,

            >I thought I would be able to find this show archived on the web, but I couldn't even find a reference to the particular broadcast at the BBC3 website. Does anyone know of a downloadable audio file of the show?
            >
            >--- In carfree_cities@y..., "T. J. Binkley" <tjbink@d...> wrote:
            >>

            >> >J.H. Crawford will appear on Night Waves, BBC Radio 3,
            >> >on Wednesday 13 November 2002 at 21:30 GMT. The 45-minute
            >> >show is hosted by Paul Allen and will take the form of a
            >> >debate among four panelists on issues relating to cars,
            >> >architecture, and cities.
            >>
            >> That's 1:30 in the afternoon California time. I'll be tuning in!
            >>
            >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/listings/index.shtml?day=Wednesday
            >>
            >> -TJB

            -- ### --

            J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
            mailbox@... Carfree.com
          • Baddeley, Simon
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 25, 2002
              Darn it. I wish I'd heard this. Is Autopia worth a read by the way. ... but
              is there any way for getting a sense of conclusions drawn during the Nov 13
              BBC conversation.

              Simon

              but does not happen to mention that I was on the show. I'm sure this
              is an accidental omission, as they were very pleased with the show.

              I don't know of anywhere you can hear it after-the-fact. Sorry!

              Regards,

              >I thought I would be able to find this show archived on the web, but I
              couldn't even find a reference to the particular broadcast at the BBC3
              website. Does anyone know of a downloadable audio file of the show?

              >--- In carfree_cities@y..., "T. J. Binkley" <tjbink@d...> wrote:
              >>

              >> >J.H. Crawford will appear on Night Waves, BBC Radio 3,
              >> >on Wednesday 13 November 2002 at 21:30 GMT. The 45-minute
              >> >show is hosted by Paul Allen and will take the form of a
              >> >debate among four panelists on issues relating to cars,
              >> >architecture, and cities.
              >>
              >> That's 1:30 in the afternoon California time. I'll be tuning in!
              >>
              >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/listings/index.shtml?day=Wednesday
              >>
              >> -TJB

              -- ### --

              J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
              mailbox@... Carfree.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 26, 2002
                Simon Baddeley said:

                >Darn it. I wish I'd heard this.

                I may try to put some snips on line.

                >Is Autopia worth a read by the way.

                Dunno. It's just come out. Anybody want to review & report?

                >... but
                >is there any way for getting a sense of conclusions drawn during the Nov 13
                >BBC conversation.

                There weren't any conclusions. Everybody else was talking about
                cars as if their continued use in cities was inevitable and how
                to minimize the damage. As you may already have guessed, I wasn't
                singing from the same sheet of music. I got in a few good licks.

                Regards,

                -- ### --

                J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
                mailbox@... Carfree.com