Compressed-air powered transit system

  • gambadeur
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2002
      I think this is the best bet concerning engine technology. "The air
      car" is already being manufactured and they plan on producing "the
      air train" which could be the more intelligent invention since... a
      long time!

      Info (in french) on the transit system project :
      http://www.mdi.lu/transport_urbain/index.htm

      Info on the compressed-air engine technology :
      http://www.theaircar.com/

      Today is a better day!

      Fred Therrien
      gambadeur@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2002
        Let's not spend more time on this.

        1) It has nothing to do with carfree cities

        2) It's an engineering boondoggle--there just isn't enough
        energy in a tank of compressed air to power a car any great
        distance, and there's no miracle of efficiency. High-pressure
        cylinders are very heavy and extremely dangerous in crashes.

        Enough said?

        Regards,

        >I think this is the best bet concerning engine technology. "The air
        >car" is already being manufactured and they plan on producing "the
        >air train" which could be the more intelligent invention since... a
        >long time!
        >
        >Info (in french) on the transit system project :
        >http://www.mdi.lu/transport_urbain/index.htm
        >
        >Info on the compressed-air engine technology :
        >http://www.theaircar.com/
        >
        >Today is a better day!
        >
        >Fred Therrien
        >gambadeur@...